Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break 09

I had a great time on spring break. I am from St. Charles MO about 10 minutes away from St. Louis, so when I go home I have a long drive. The distance is about 450 miles and can be covered in about 7-8 hours. On my trip home I go through 3 different states. I have to travel east on Nebraska Hwy 2 for a lon time before crossing into Iowa, and taking I-29 all the way to Kansas City MO, where I then take I-70 all the way to St Louis. It is a somewhat interesting drive as at three separate times on this drive you cross over the Missouri river. Also when traveling south through Missouri, if you have a keen eye for geological features, you can observe how the landscape is shaped by the mighty glaciers that retreated north thousands of years ago, and how as you travel further south you come to the beginnings of the Ozark Hills, which at some time long long ago were a fairly large mountain range. Arriving home was great. I got to spend a lot of time with family and friends, and had a welcome week of relaxation away from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment